Saturday, July 22, 2017

Lesley's Homage to Art

LESLEY ALEXANDER'S PAGE IN LISA JONES'S ART JOURNAL..JULY 2017.
I was excited to be the first person to paint in Lisa's art Journal. The theme of Lisa's Journal is Homage to art.The artist I decided to pay homage to was BANKSY even though it is not really known who BANKSY actually is ( there are a lot of suspicions ) he is quite famous for his street art.

I started my page with some torn papers..

followed by the use of lots of stencils and acrylic paints to randomly fill the page.


I then drew my circles and gave the rest of the page a light covering of white gesso, I used gesso instead of white paint because I wanted it to be more translucent .



I then used my favorite BANKSY stamps to fill the rest of the page.



  1.   
  • I also decided I would do a matching tag for each page that I do as an extra for the owners of each journal for them to use some other way .

  • Thank you Lisa for sharing your awesome with us.

15 comments:

  1. Oh Lesley your page is amazing, I love the grungyness and the colours and OMG!!!! Banksy stamps??? I am so out of the loop.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is such a cool page - LOVE it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, this is really inspiring. Those stamps are so special and the way you have put it all together is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lesley, I love it so much! I'm stoked you chose Banksy, what an amazing artist. So iconic! Thank you thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know about Banksy stamps either. Love your entry Lesley!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow page and I love Banksy. Pray tell where you get Banksy stamps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I get them from viva las vegas stamps in the USA, they often have free shipping..

      Delete
  7. Such a great tribute, you did a stunning job

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.