Friday, July 21, 2017

AAJS5: Silhouettes for Roz...

Hi Everyone!
So excited to be the first to work in Roz's "Silhouette" Journal.

Lately I've been making a lot of bright coloured creations and I've done it again LOL!!
Roz's journal is landscape and each page is A4 size so a nice big area to create on! AND she has secured pages with elastic so you can actually take them out to work in!!
So being the first I decided to nab the middle opening page and decorate the whole thing in one go - so much fun!
I started with some bright acrylic paints and a brayer and added "blobs" of colour and rollered out to cover the page. Then used one of my favourite stencils and used all the same colours as the background to cover the entire page with a light sponge through the stencil.
I had ordered a pack of stamps from Ebay "Dina Wakley" and I thought they were my style of Silhouette and perfect for how I wanted my pages to look so I used all 3 stamps from the set to stamp along the bottom half of the page.

I wanted the whole page to be connected - not 2 separate themes - so I found a quote I liked and using some large alphabet stamps added the quote to cover the top half.
To finish off I used black paint and a credit card to make a lined border around the whole thing and added some sparkly gems to both pages.

I am really happy with how it turned out - hope Roz likes it!
Looking forward to getting another journal in the round next month to create in!
Sharon

6 comments:

  1. Your spread looks great Sharon. Love the colours and those stamps are very cool. Roz will love it!! Exciting isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colour scheme Sharon, it all just pops! The background stencil is really cool, and your silhouettes are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so vibrant & colourful. Well done Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work Sharon and it suits the look of our blog well too :) Your page is so bright and it all works really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT SHARON...MAKES ME SMILE...LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING IT FOR REAL...THANK YOU💖💛💖


    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors you have used sharon. This is also one of my favourite stamp sets. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.