Monday, July 3, 2017

AAJS5 - Under the Sea

I am excited to be joining in for Round 5 of journal swapping.  My chosen theme is Under the Sea and it's my first time participating in this type of swap.

I made my journal using Mixed Media Paper for my signatures and covers adding a little cardboard for the spine.  The outside covers have been created using a mix of torn gelli prints and tissue paper with a little stamping.


I then glued on a mermaid tile I had created a while back this was created using stamps from the Mailbox Muse and the edges had been gilded with some foil.  Washi tape was also added to the edges and spine of my journal for a little more contrast and detail.

My inside front cover include our contract and list of swap participants. 

The background of this page includes a Gelli Print Border and just some plain blue cardstock.  My title page uses some sea themed papers I had on hand with a colourful fish cut from a napkin and some die cut letters.



At the back of my journal you will find a little stamping and colour with a thank you note and tag.  My note tells my fellow swap participants to take a tag from the inside back page pocket as a thank you for their contribution to my journal.  


My tags were also made from some Gel Prints with a mix of stamping and collage.  It was the first time I had inked the Darkroom Door Seaside Squares Collage Stamp which was used for the main focal image on these tags, I stamped them in black and then colored them with alcohol markers.

I am really looking forward to this swap and the pages created by my swap partners and I am also looking forward to the further inspiration that will be shared here on the blog over the coming months.  Now off to the post office I go.

Danie xx

11 comments:

  1. Your journal is beautiful Danie I cant wait to see it in the flesh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, its a little rough around the edges my stitching of the signatures was a bit messy and they didn't all align as neatly as I would have liked. xx

      Delete
    2. Oh that adds to the handmade charm and it is often how we start out with new skills It is beautiful anyway

      Delete
    3. totally agree - it all adds character!!

      Delete
  2. beautifully thought out and executed; gee, I can hardly wait to see them all LIVE !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done Danie. Lovely journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journal looks wonderful Danie...so looking forward to seeing it IRL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely journal and great theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.