Sunday, January 7, 2018

Colleen's Journal THINGS WITH WINGS

This was my first ever experience of a Journal swap & I enjoyed it very much. It is also the very first journal I had ever made & I was a bit unsure what to do.


I made a cover out of cardboard & covered it with a piece of fabric that I adored. The inside had a loose page for my bits, & 2 signatures tied in with ribbon.


The inside cover had a small pocket to hold some tags that I had made for everyone & I used a gelli print to create the frog with wings & lots of other winged creatures.


The other side of the Gelli print has the contract & list of participants. The 1st page of signature1 I used a print of some butterflies over a painted background.


Then I did a very colourful spread
of an angel & a mouse who was learning to fly. Then I posted it all off to Joanna.


Joanna did a lovely spread with lots of texture paste over her background  & some beautiful butterflies.

On to Joan who did a gorgeous spread of a delightful little girl flying a kite, plus more kites on a pastel background.



Lisa's had a large flap to contend with. She did an amazing drawing of Peter Pan & on the top of the flap beautiful leaves. When the flap opened there was a fairy in all the leaves.




Lesley did an amazing 3 page spread in Dyan Reavely style. She added the wavy pages into the middle of her spread. Such a lot of work & absolutely stunning.


 Jan Mullane did  a gorgeous spread of birds on wires, just like they do everywhere.


Pam's spread was adorable & she included a chook which delighted me ever so much.



The next 2 pages were mine in the back of the book.


Jan, Joan, Pam & Lisa did the above tags, which I will treasure. I will also treasure this journal. I am so lucky to have had this opportunity & I thank you all ( Joanna, Joan, Lisa, Lesley, Jan & Pam ) for your contributions to it








5 comments:

  1. A wonderful journal and a wonderful journey you all shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing Colleen! The pages all look wonderful together and I loved playing in your journal! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to see your journal Colleen and I'm glad you enjoyed the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a lovely journal and a real treat to be part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so great all together. Thanks for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.