Sunday, February 23, 2020

My 80s Journal!

Ahhhh... The 80s.  Who doesn't have fond memories of this decade?!

I was a teenager in the 80s, growing up in country South Australia.  So the 80s to me brings back memories of high school, first loves, fantastic music, great movies, and fabulous fashion!

My journal is about A5 size - compact, but big enough for a good spread.  It's made from 225gsm watercolour paper so will stand up to most stuff! 


Here's my back cover - apologies for the sun glare, it's bloody hot outside today!  Wham! was a big favourite of mine growing up, and I loved George Michael's ethos - CHOOSE LIFE.


The 80s came with a lot of quirky designs - here's my take on one of them.  This pattern is on both my front and back inside covers, and was made by sponging acrylic paints into squares, using scrap paper as borders.  I then made a few masks (circle, triangle, square), and sponged different colours into them.  Then added weird squiggles.


My journal instructions!  Pick something you loved from this decade and let loose!  Please don't forget to sign your work!


And my double page spread - Pat Benatar was an amazing singer and I just loved the costumes and drama of her song Love is a Battlefield.  


Great verse for empowering women - and a lot of her songs were about strong women. ✊💜


And the full spread!  This was done in watercolours and brown Pitt pen, with some Perfect Pearls added to the background for some more shimmer.

I'll be sending this journal off to Janie at the end of the week, for the start of its journey around Australia.

Enjoy the trip everyone, and Happy Arting!

Cheers, Lisa xx






4 comments:

  1. Lisa, wow, wow, wow... how on earth do we keep up with that... love the drawing, love the way you did the lyrics... who am I kidding, I love it all... Well done...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sass! I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with!

      Delete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.