Thursday, February 27, 2020

inspiring music

my front cover

contract and participant list

I started out with sponging blues and blue greens over the pages, which had been gessoed.  I then added darker blue and wiped some away with a baby wipe through a stencil. I think I should have missed this step as I think it's now to dark, I tried to push it back by brayering  gesso over it to lighten it up.   Meanwhile I made a motherboard of pinks yellows and oranges, with stamping to texturise it.  With this I stamped out the flowers and stamped the words out.  With what was left I free hand cut the "the line of the song" correct name is the 59th Bridge street song by Simon and Garfunkle, this is the one song that will always get me out of a dark mood and make me feel better

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool... love the blue undertones... better put thinking cap on for when yours arrives on my doorstep... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that grungy background Wendy! So looking forward to playing in your journal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.