Tuesday, July 2, 2019

The girls from egoli







Egoli is the alternative Zulu name for Johannesburg, South Africa. 

Anyone who has ever looked in my wardrobe would know I'm no fashion guru. 

So I took my inspiration from my mother, who had a great passion for quilting and all things Africian. 

I found these lovely ladies in one of her quilting books.
(Quilting Africa by J.Williamson and P.Parker) 




I had intended to fabric collage the outfits but couldn't find what I really wanted, so I decided to just paint the whole thing. 






I did some stencilling to add interest to the background and placed some washi tape depicting the world at the top of the page. 









Bit of gold lettering and all done. 

Hope you like it Robyn. 

6 comments:

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.