Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Memorable Movie Time!

 by Lisa for Deb

I really enjoy watching movies and have so many favourites, that it's kinda hard to pick just one!

In the end I thought of a movie that I'd rewatched recently, and could watch over and over again (along with its sequels!) - The Hangover.  If you haven't seen it, I definitely recommend it for a good laugh!  Yes, it's inappropriate, and there's lots of swearing and a bit of (funny) nudity - but what a great story!

As usual, no progress pics, except one.  I decided to complete this spread using Derwent pencils - not my usual go to, but a change is as good as a holiday, so they say...

I drew the boys on their adventure in Las Vegas, and added Mike Tyson's tiger that they somehow stole.


Then, while I was adding the background - a failed attempt at night lights and bokeh - I decided that it just wasn't bright enough and needed some zing.  Enter Copic pens.

I ended up going over the whole spread - except the background blue - with Copics, and in the most part I was pleased with how it turned out.

My husband keeps telling me I'm shite at drawing people and should stick to animals... He may be right, but you're never going to improve if you never try, right?


So above are the Wolfpack members - Alan (holding Carlos, long story....!), Phil, and Stu who woke up missing a tooth.  Plus failed bokeh lights. 🙄

And the tiger looked much improved after adding Copics.


And here's the whole spread, including the movie name banner in lights, and that famous Vegas saying: What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!


Hope you like it Deb!

Happy arting all!

Cheers, Lisa









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.