Tuesday, March 19, 2019

There's a starman in our galaxy


Amanda's Galaxy journal arrived this month and as is usual its been a full on crazy month and I can't believe we are half way through March already.
We are house painting again- it seems to be an ongoing thing with us- another house and another colour scheme but the main issues atm are everything is once again packed away so I have very minimal art supplies accessible. I have some pens, a small tin of inktense pencils, a set of caran dache neocolour 11's and a dribble of white paint left in the bottom of a box I used to teach a workshop with recently. All good- Amanda has very light paper so I couldn't get it too wet anyway. 


As I was mulling over ideas I kept coming back to the ultimate star man for me :) David Bowie and eventually decided on the lyrics for Space Oddity and the page came together fairly quickly once I settled on the theme.


I googled Bowie street art as I had a memory of Australian street artist Jimmy C and his mural tribute once I found it I knew it was the perfect inspiration for my galaxy page. 
 I lightly drew on the paper and then added colour from my pencils 


It came together OK but needed something galactic to pull it together
so I dug out a bottle of blue spray ink and added stars with black and gold dots. 







9 comments:

  1. There's a starman waiting in the sky. Well done as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh! One of my fave Bowie songs. Great spread Louise, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise I just love your spread. I'm a huge Bowie fan and this is my all time favourite song of his...such a cool take on Galaxy xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your portrait of David Bowie and his most awesome song :D He has so many awesome songs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really clever take on this theme! Have the song stuck in my head now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.