Thursday, November 9, 2017

My Spread in Janie's "WHIMSICAL" Journal

I had some lovely floral pages from Daphne's Diary and there was also a page with Floral Ice Cream images. This was my starting point as I thought this would be whimsical. I ripped up the pages somewhat and adhered them with Gesso and also added a layer of diluted Gesso on top.


I had a bird image that has been lying around for ages so I decided to cut it out and use it. It is from The Graphics Fairy. I also cut out the Ice Cream images and tried out some embellishments - the doily and cotton trim.



This is the final result after deciding what I liked best.  I added the resin clock face and the metal rose & butterfly and also changed the ice creams around a bit. I had to snip a bit off the rose as it was on the fold which I hadn't realised till later!!  I added the same trim to the bottom as well. 
Hope you like it Janie.



11 comments:

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.