Friday, August 18, 2017

Grimms' Fairy Tales - Red Riding Hood Down-under for Jenny James by Janie O'Brien


Firstly, I painted my pages with water colour wash in appropriate outback sunset colours and sealed them with spray-on British Paints "Spray Easy" Clear Gloss. I "fussy" cut all my collage elements and readied them for placement.


I then proceeded to stick down all my collage elements in layers, letting each layer dry before proceeding with the next one.


I finished adding my elements - the wolf (thylacine) and the cockatoos flying, and adding more colour by paint and metallic sprays to achieve the desired atmosphere.

details left side


detail, right side

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow Janie, that's terrific & scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and OMGoodness Janie- all of that fussy cutting - wow.
    This is amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, truly in the character of Grimms! Great to put the OZ spin on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous spread Janie. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Janie, love your colours and the Aussie take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page Janie. What a lot of fussy cutting. Love the Aussie slant also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool!! Love this interpretation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing page with another fave story. Love the Aussie twist :D Beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful done Janie and I love the Aussie take on the story.👍💚👍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janie this is such a fun take on the fairy tale, love the outback setting with your cockatoos in flight xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.