Monday, September 28, 2015

Ocean Life ... In the Beginning

Hello :) I'm Jenny of 'Art by Jenny' (an arty treasure shop). I'm a lover of all arts and crafts, especially anything with colours and or textures! My current faves are watercolours, crochet, art journaling, mixed media and of course, ATCs :D Just need more time each day! lol Don't we all?

My journal has left for its journey around Australia now (Sept) and the following pics are of its creation.


Stonehenge 250gsm paper and silk paper thread was used to make the pages. When they come home I'm planning to use the backboard of this paper pad for the cover. If I remember to keep it for the next year!



Stitched and ready to attach to the other folios. 


I haven't done my actual page so decorated the title page but it didn't leave here too neglected of art!


I also used Tim's groovy tissue tape to stick it all together. 


Dyan Reaveley mentioned in one of her videos that this stuff is archival and once cured, is super strong. And of course, we can paint over it :)


So that's my journal... the first one I made from scratch and loved it!

Can't wait to see everyone's journals as they arrive, and mine when it returns too!

Happy Creative Day!
:)
Jenny

5 comments:

  1. What a great journal! Looking forward to seeing it on its journey around Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny you have created a real treasure chest to be filled on its journey, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely Jenny...it will be great to do a page for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so nice and lots of fun. Good for you taking the plunge Jenny. Look forward to seeing more as it makes its way back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's soooo beautiful and stitched with love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.