Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mon's work in Danielle's journal

Danielle's beautiful journal has the theme of: A witch's book of mirrors.

Danielle asked for a herbal theme so I chose to journal about my current fascination with Ikaria, a little Greek Island known for its citizens' longevity.



Herbal teas are drunk frequently on the island and I have been experimenting making my own mixtures with what I have on hand from the garden.



I kept my palette quite restricted and muted to go with the vintage theme.


The pages came together quite spontaneous and without much planning and I enjoyed working this way.

5 comments:

  1. More gorgeous work Mon and thank you for the introduction to Ikaria I can see I need to explore this island(unfortunately via google ;) ) and its history and mythology in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another inspiring page, have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls :-) Louise I came upon this article that got me started on Ikaria:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/28/magazine/the-island-where-people-forget-to-die.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
    also there are videos on you tube about the Island :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done. Isn't it funny that some pages almost make themselves!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.