Friday, February 15, 2019

Janie O'Brien's addition to Sharon Rogers - Tea Time Journal for February 2019.

Apart from my own, this is my first journal in this round 7. I had planned out what I would do in Sharon's Tea Time journal and then I received it and my plans went out the window. Instead of a landscape double spread, Sharon's journal arrived approximately A6 in size, but the pages were bound together with rings, offering two portrait pages instead. I knew I had to approach my project in a completely different way. After thinking long and hard I finally settled on two pages of unusual teapots which the two pages will provide a perfect backdrop for. I searched high and wide and finally made my selection from Pinterest. On my computer, I resized the images allowing for enough detail to be shown and an appropropriate amount of images to be displayed. I used A grade photo paper in my printer and then I fussy cut them out. A background was created in a dark silver black using Lindy's starburst colours. I then used a glue stick to secure the images to the pages in a pleasing arrangement. I hope you enjoy the collection I created.
Believe it or not, each one of these amazing creations are teapots created by artists. Most are ceramic, but some are metal.

I loved all the wonderful teapots I discovered and it was very hard to choose which ones I would display in my montage. Finally it was a matter of which ones fitted best with each other.

7 comments:

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.