Saturday, August 19, 2017

AASJ 5: Tree as Spirit for Louise...

Hi!!
Sharing my pages in Louise's "Tree" Round Robin Journal.

At first I was a little unsure how to tackle this theme but I found a great quote that gave me some inspiration and I had some digi stamps that I thought were just perfect to make this page in "my" style of journaling so I hope Louise likes what I have done - I'm really happy with how it turned out!
I started by coating the pages in gesso and then adding some acrylic paints in tree and sky colours and I used my brayer to move the blobs of paint around on the pages to cover them.

I added some stencilling to both the top and bottom of all the pages using white paint - I love the effect this gave - nice and subtle.


I printed off the digi stamps I wanted to use on the pages - they are from Vera Lane Studio - I'm on the DT so I really love creating with these great designs!!
Quite a bit of colouring with my pastel pencils - then sprayed with fixative - took awhile and then had to fussy cut everything out!!!!


I also printed the quote out on kraft coloured paper, tore each word out individually and arranged on the front flap - adhered everything and added a few paper leaves as well.


Some close up pics of the main images:



And here are the pages - I loved having the flap to work on as part of the pages - it made a great place for the quote to then open out to the full pages with the characters and TREES!!!




Happy Journalling!!!
Sharon



9 comments:

  1. That spread is so whimsical and sweet Sharon. Love it!!
    I would love if you sometime could do a tutorial on using digi stamps for those techno clutzes like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sharon this is so gorgeous I have a huge smile and can't wait to see it IRL! As you know I love love love trees but birds are right up there as well - thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Sharon; so pretty and whimsical! Great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon this is just so gorgeous & colourful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so lovely! I am with Pam on this too. A tutorial on digi stamps would be great , I haven't ever even known about them! Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page and great blogging Sharon
    Love your stamps as usual also. Thanks for sharing the process too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you have done Sharon and those images are awesome💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the whimsical feel of this spread Sharon, so cute and fun! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.