Sunday, January 6, 2019

AAJS6: Robyn's "Dreams & Fantasies"

Hi Everyone!
 
Sharing my pages in Robyn's "Dreams & Fantasies" journal from a few months ago - LOL I think I forgot to blog these pages at the time so I'm catching up!
 
 
I loved how this spread turned out - the colours and images were just what I was wanting to achieve.
 
 
I started by adding blobs of paint to each page and spreading with a credit card - I didn't want to cover the entire page so it's more "random" spreading of the blobs LOL!

 
Next I used a stencil and some Pearl finish paint and applied with a sponge randomly over the page - the pearl paint is great for adding some nice shimmer!
 
 
I also added some white paint using the same stencil randomly over the page as well.
 
 
Next I tore some Tim Holtz patterned tissue paper and adhered randomly over both pages. I did add a very thin "wash" of gesso over the pages to tone down the paint colours slightly after adding the tissue paper pieces.
 
 
Next step was putting my paper doll elements together - by Art Tea Life of course - LOL I'm like a broken record but this is my fav collage store - has the perfect images that I like to create with!
 

 
I used an alphabet stamp set to stamp out the "Dare to Dream" wording - I cut each letter out and edged with a sharpie.
 
 
Adhere the letters to one half of the spread:
 
 
And the paper doll to the other half:
 
 
Hope Robyn enjoys her journal when it returns home!
 
Sharon :)


3 comments:

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.