Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Setting Up a Journal for a travelling journal swap


There are many ways to set up a travelling art journal,
I am just setting up this one for the Australian Art Journal Swap


I like to have a title on the outside and a title page when the front cover is opened.


I also have a little mini booklet just inside the front cover to welcome my fellow artists and to share any hopes or guidelines I might have for that journal.


I tend to offer a variety of different pages, here there are pages with extra flaps and others without, I also do the initial spread to set the tone for the journal. I think it might be harder for others to be the first to work in a pristine new journal that belongs to someone else.


In the back I like an area for each artist to sign in.
Here I have included tags in pockets.
I also have a bigger pocket in the back of the journal for people to leave anything extra they might like to leave.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, it helps me to get a little unstuck when thinking about how my journal is going to function. You're inspiring me to use fabric so that I can make pockets and other add-ons. Mary :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have given me some more to think about with my journal and i think i can add some more stuff, very inspiring thankyou. Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.