Saturday, May 12, 2018

AAJS6: Sharon's Page in Annabelle's "Walk Like an Egyptian" Journal

Hi Everyone!
 
 
Sharing my spread in Annabelle's journal - fab Egyptian theme!!
Some great pages done already - I bet the finished journal will be amazing by the time it returns home to it's owner!
 
I had so much fun creating the background and colouring the quirky little characters from Vera Lane Studio!
 
For the background I used some greaseproof paper (tissue paper works the same but the greaseproof paper is a bit stronger for adhering it to the background pages.
 
I started by spraying the paper with ink sprays in what I thought were desert and Egyptian jewels colours ie. yellows, browns and nice deep blue and emerald colours.
 
 
Once dry I then used impasto/matt medium to adhere the sprayed paper to the pages - I smoothed them out but any added wrinkles and imperfections I was happy with to add to the texture and interest of the background.
 
 
I added some stencilling with both gold and metallic emerald all over the pages for some added richness of colour. When you think of the Egyptians you think of richness and lapis lazuli!

 
I printed the Vera Lane Studio images onto white cardstock. I coloured the "head" of the gal with Copics and then used ink sprays to colour the body and also the camels - the effect was just what I wanted for the page. Once the spray was dry I fussy cut all the images ready to add to the background.
 

 
I printed some "border" Egyptian themed graphics for the top and bottom of each page and I also found the lyrics to the song that kept going through my head the whole time I was working on this page "Walk Like an Egyptian" by The Bangles! I tore the wording out and added to the pages along with some bits of muslin cloth - which makes me think of "embalmed mummys" LOL!!!!
 
 
And here are the finished pages! I hope Annabelle likes them!
 


 
I can't wait to see future pages in this journal - everyone interprets themes differently and it makes for a wonderful journal at the end!
 
 
Sharon


4 comments:

  1. You did a great job with this Sharon. Love those images and your colour choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great texture and colour Sharon, love the gold coming through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pages. I love the whole Egyptian thing always and the edition of the sing lyrics really rounds it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool and funky Sharon. I love your camels and the way you built your page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.