Friday, October 20, 2017

October = House.

This month it was my pleasure to receive the beautifully made art journal belonging to Joan Mannix.  Joan's theme was House.  She included some notes for guidance and it was time to put my thinking cap on.

I discovered a quote I liked and set about working out how I could illustrate it and this is what I did.

I began with a background process I discovered on You Tube and liked. Included scraping paint and using stencils.



 Added some stamping.



My focal point is my cat, cut from a gelli print I had made at some time and some interesting handmade paper for a welcome mat.




Then came my quote....Home is where the cat is.  Mind snap!!  Home not House.  Sorry Joan.




Close up of my cat guarding the front door.




My quote.  




I do hope you like it Joan.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely spread Pam, I like the contrasting colours of the background and cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kitty. So cool and the page is fun snd vibtsnt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page Pam and I will forgive you for the home instead of house Lol. I love your cat and the door too. Thanks heaps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, a great sentiment and so true. Lovely and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg Pam, I LOVE your cat :D Here I am going from blog post to blog post, going wow, amazing, love it then got to... omg look at that cat!

    Must blog mine too... sorry I'm a tad behind Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.