Friday, August 23, 2019

Time for High Tea!

by Lisa for Sharon

When I heard Sharon's theme - Time for a Cuppa - of course I thought of using teabags in my page as I am wont to do.  However, when I received the journal and looked through it, and thought about it - shock horror - I didn't use teabags at all!

I came up with a different slant on things.  And of course took bugger all process pics - sorry peeps!

So firstly I collaged both of my pages with different vintage-style papers.  Sharon's journal is a two ring journal, making it easy to remove pages to work on.

Next I drew my page elements on good old cartridge paper.  I like this paper because it's a touch thicker than photocopying paper, and it's easy to cut out.

Then I coloured all of my bits using Derwent Inktense pencils - I love how soft and easy they are to use compared to the Derwent Studio pencils.  My daughter and I argue about these pencils constantly; she prefers the Studios and says 'Blend, mum!  Blend!'  It probably depends on the paper you're using, but I'll still pick Inktense any day!


Next I stuck everything down using matte gel medium, and added a sparkly chandelier.  And looked at it, and thought, it just needs something else.  So I added lots of words to do with High Tea.  

I love a good high tea; I think it's one of those things that you don't do very often, so it's always special!  If you've never had one, I highly recommend it.  Especially if they serve champagne! 😍






On the left hand page I wrote High tea is my kinda tea!

And here's my finished spread -  hope you like it Sharon! 💜


7 comments:

  1. Oh my, now that is a high tea I want to go to... those pastel colours are just gorgeous... and I agree with you.. Inktense for me to... lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your high tea Lisa and am inspired to experience one myself and I especially love your champagne glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh if you haven't been you definitely need to Louise! :)

      Delete
  3. A few years back my daughter surprised me with a High Tea for my birthday...it was such a wonderful experience, which everyone should enjoy at least once in their lives. You've captured that so well Lisa...wonderful spread. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.