Friday, June 14, 2019

Symbiosis


My journal play in Jenny's
'The Bee's Knees'
began with pulling out my acrylic paints stashed in the campervan and taking over mama's studio.
As I joyfully used every colour in the box my head was pondering how this could somehow relate to Jenny's theme. Minor detail I assured mum and reluctantly set it aside to dry.


Next stage was pulling at all together into some cohesive page. Out came black and white. I used posca paint pens and signo gel pens. I love this kind  of journal play and find it medative, even over the riotous colour play.  Its just like life really, it can be pretty chaotic and we need to find our pace or space to rise above it and make the best of it all. 


Overnight in the campervan I was pondering symbiosis and thinking about this journal swap, and our beautiful supportive art group and how good it is to be part of a community. The next morning the joural beckoned and it came to me that ants live symbiotically and  have done for ever. They work  together cohesively and have amazing  beneficial relationships  with various plants and other insects. So my page then became an ant colony abd I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it.   

10 comments:

  1. I watched this happen and I still ind it awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this painting Louise. It's so full of life, movement and colour. ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay. I am glad you do Jenny. I thought you woukd like the coulors.

      Delete
  3. Totally wow Louise! Love the gorgeous colours and the way you've meshed it all together. Perfect page! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this was a canvas I'd want it. A stunning spread, colourful and thoughtful xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Amanda - would look awesome as a canvas!

      Delete
  5. Thank you AJ and Lisa :) art is my therapy so often

    ReplyDelete
  6. So well done Louise and I can see the therapeutic value in your creating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.