Monday, June 17, 2019

It's a busy place under the sea


I was looking forward to creating a spread in this journal as I share Melissa's sea obsession. I grabbed all my blue paints...cobalt, cerulean, ultramarine and a light blue metallic. Using these with a dash of yellow to add some green I tried to create a sense of the many blues of the ocean...going from light to dark to mimic swimming from the surface down.


I was really happy with my sea so then I sat down and drew all the creatures I wanted living there. I used a mixture of coloured pencils and crayons to create the mermaids, cuttlefish, starfish, jellyfish, whale, sea ferns, various fish and the sperm whale...the sea of my imagination.
Thank you Melissa xox



4 comments:

  1. Love your colourful spread Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your page AJ, the dreamy background and all of the hand drawn elements are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda I love this, I know what you mean by all the blues and greens and even yellows, there are so many shades under the sea. I love your sea creatures, especially the jellyfish, you did such a beautiful job on this, thank you so much 🙂🙏

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.