Sunday, November 12, 2017

AASG5: Wendy Mason's "Word" Journal by Sharon!

"WISH"
 

 
I am sharing my page made in Wendy's "Word" themed journal for the round robin - lots of fun to create this page! And as you can see my word is "WISH"!!!
 
I started with "blobs" of paint in the colour scheme I wanted to work with that matched the digital papers I had printed out from "We Are 3" along with the digi stamp I had coloured up by "Sandra Caldwell"!!
 
 
I used my brayer to spread the paint around - being careful to still keep the separate colours and not end up with mud LOL!!! Next was some stencilling with white gesso to break up the colour a little and add some more dimension.
 

I printed out the digital papers from We Are 3 plus printed and coloured the Sandra Caldwell digi with pastel pencils, spray sealed and fussy cut. I "distressed" the printed paper edges with a distressing tool to add some more texture and interest.

 
I used the "spotty" paper from the paper set to stamp the "WISH" letters into with a pink archival ink and I then punched them out with a round punch - worked perfectly the way I wanted it to!
 
 
Next I adhered all the paper layers and also some pink ink sprayed muslin cloth to the journal pages.
 

 I'm really happy with how this turned out - love the colour, papers and main image! I punched the "extra" spots from the printed paper to use over the pages as well to fill some of the space and tie in with the lettering.
 

Such a cute and fun digi and I thought the row of books on the printed paper went well with the word "WISH" - "Dreams Come True" - if you wish for them!!

 
Hope Wendy is happy when she gets to see the pages in real life!! I love what everyone else has done! So great to get so many different styles and interpretations in the one journal - something that makes a great keepsake!!
 


7 comments:

  1. This is so nice Sharon and as you say, everybody has a different style. The end of the circle is coming too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know - what will we all do then???? LOL

      Delete
  2. A lovely page and love how you have laid out your process too. Very helpful. It’s nice to have talented people in the group with great ideas and willing to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful spread Sharon. Love the pink and brown colours and WISH is a great word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great spread Sharon, love the colours and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgous page sharon, love your little character :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's awesome, thank you very much for your beautiful work in my journal Sharon xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.