Saturday, January 4, 2020

Jenny's Bees knees.

With the hot weather not being very condusive to acrylic paint and glue activies. This truly is a mixed media piece. 


I started with a bit of acrylic paint but it really was to hot and went all sticky and lumpy. So I switched to a bit of ink and some Uni Posca pens.Now my dear friend Jenny is not a big fan of Gelatos but I find I can blend them quite well with a brush or finger,  plus use them with a stencil and baby wipe.  ( be warned they do take a while to cure ) All of which was easier to play with on my dinning room table, indoors with the aircon going.




Now every piece of mixed media gets to that,  oh help,  what am I doing stage. This is a mess!

However I find if I step away for a few hours, have a cuppa, then things generally sort themselves out. 
So once I returned I felt the need for some collage. So with a few images from an old calender and some painted letters, I was nearly done.




Just the face to play with and a few gold pen dots and swirls. 



Now what has all this to do with the topic of The bees knees. 
Well anytime I can sit and play with all of my art supplies, that's the Bees knees to me.





1 comment:

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.