Friday, February 2, 2018

My entries in Sharon's Mermaids and Seahorses

I started by tearing up some green fibrous paper that came from Joan. In the picture I am making sure it will fit. I glued it down and left the right hand corner as a pocket that didn't get used!
I used gesso and pixie powders to paint the background and added some wavy texture  with the brush.

I found these papers that I had been experimenting on some time ago.
I  used the bottom one to make a mermaid paper doll.

Here is the finished spread. The mermaid's face is a paper moulded piece that someone gave me. I had to modify it quite a bit so that it fit the body. I used fibres for her hair and added some extra decorations. I tried writing the saying out and didn't like it so I did that in Photoshop. 
The fish and shells are paper cut outs and the seahorse, turtle and square piece are all metal.
I added the fibres around the edges to finish it off.
Hope you like it Sharon...I loved doing it!!

I did an extra page as there were a few blanks left.

This is a digital piece that I did some time ago. It fit the theme and the page.
I added the trim at the bottom.


Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.