Thursday, May 5, 2016

There's Dragons in my Garden

Some days I can work out the subject but just don't know what else to put on the page. In this case, I had Robyn Osborns's garden journal and I wanted to use the little dragon lizard that lives in my front garden. So I thought, what the heck, I'm just going to start and see what happens. 

So I gessoed the page cause that's how I start everything, got out my grey inktense pencil and just started to draw. I love my lizard.  He appears occasionally when I garden. I know he likes my garden cause it is fairly wild and natural. So I try not to disturb him too often. He's a great cooperator. He even waits for me to run inside,find my phone and come back for photos. Gotta love that. 



Then I wanted to put in my location so I thought about the compass I used in the shipwrecked DAJ that we did as an art swap not long ago. I image transferred it in place. Then I got the exact coordinates of my studio from the compass app on my phone and hey presto, the page was nearly done. 



I also added some journaling and a tag with some details about me to make the page more meaningful for Robyn. I was very tempt d to go all nerdy and write about the biology of the lizard but I decided to keep on theme. 


It's strange how close we are all becoming even though most of us have never met. 
I hope Robyn likes my page. It's very different to everything else in the book. 



cheers
Sharon Williams

7 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely fabulous page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page Sharon! Great ideas and great blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just superb, both you spread and your lovely explanation. I think different is totally fine Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this, and i love different. Id love to know more about the image transfer you did here too. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this so much Sharon :) Your lizard is totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very different page it may be, but it is a very meaningful and artistic page, whats not to love. I am sure Robyn will treasure it in her journal. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.