Sunday, May 22, 2016

Tidal Cafe

This is a beautiful journal owned by Joan Mannix.  As always I was very nervous approaching it.  This was a different idea to what I am used to and I was not sure of the materials and the correct product to stick the pages in with.  Hope it's OK Joan.

The idea came to me easily, but the execution was more difficult.  Quite a few years ago I, my daughter and her children had a holiday at Iluka NSW.  We went to the co-op and then wandered along the shoreline.  There imprinted in the sand were the marks from little stingrays, where they had been feeding on sand worms along the water line.  So that was my theme.

As a city girl I had never seen anything like this.  No wonder it stuck in my memory.

I called the piece Tidal Cafe.


 Close up of title.


The marks from the feeding stingrays.


There is always a Mama standing guard. 


12 comments:

  1. I love this Pam! Great page ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you pulled this off so well and that was a wonderful day :)
    Wonderful Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Sageo was just a little baby <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool :) I love the stingrays and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ocean too. If we do the journals again, that'll be my theme as I have adores watching all the cool pages emerge in this journal. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ocean too. If we do the journals again, that'll be my theme as I have adores watching all the cool pages emerge in this journal. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful page Pam. Thank you so much, I love your art and it will be wonderful to have something in my journal. I was wondering if the big Tag at back with instructions is still with album and pack of paper etc,?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.