Sunday, May 22, 2016

Deb's work in EMOTIONS


This piece for me was very personal. It developed as a result of finding out my nephew (who is four and a half) got diagnosed with Leukemia, and other members of my family falling seriously ill with cancer as well. I just seemed to worry and the downward spiral continued. I wanted to show that although we all go through bad times, the real courage and strength comes through when we decide we've had enough and need to look for positives. This is HARD process that needs to be reinforced and controlled with a will like iron which I why I have ended the spiral with positive words that I am going to focus on.
Anyway.. I messed about with the background for a month. I hated it all, I lacked inspiration and energy, so I just kept slapping on paints and stencils, then gesso and starting again. I used Greek texts to collage with as sometimes that is what I thought the Doctors were speaking. Worry (the portrait) literally emerged this morning as well as the journaling..it took me 3 hours..and my heart feels lighter for it. This is a mixture or acrylic paints, Gelatos, Big Brush pens, Posca paint pens, impasto medium, stencils and sprays. I'm afraid I haven't described the artistic process very well, but I'll try for the next one. Until then, I wish you Love.

9 comments:

  1. Great piece Deb, so powerful and emotive. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So brave and emotive Deb and I love the transformation it took you on, of maybe it all just get everything down onto paper to back up the changes you have already embraced. I am sending you love and light from the other side of our wonderful continent and thanking you for sharing so deeply with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Deb. Certainly lives up to the theme of Emotion. Hoping things get much better for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing a part of your journey Deb and wishing you well as you move forward xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful beautiful page Deb :) Thank you for sharing it with us, it would have been hard to do. Sending love. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou everyone for your kind words of encouragement. Our little group of supportive women are pretty inspirational in their own right and I feel so priveladged to be part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Deb, this is such an indepth piece and so personal, I love everything about it and as they say on the cooking shows, it shows your heart on the page (plate). I am sorry to hear about all your worries, and I hope they will improve soon, in the meantime I will include you and yours in my prayers. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.