Monday, January 4, 2016

Lisa's Round 3 Journal Update - Summer

I found time on the weekend to make a cover for my journal.  I used cardboard, covered it in calico, and painted it in a water theme.

I'd decided I wanted some kind of closure for the book... but was too lazy to sew anything!  So I thought I would use some twine with some beading on the ends.  I added some twine to the spine of the book, so I could then attach longer strands of twine for the closure.  It was then that I discovered my knots in the spine interfered with actually attaching my journal to the cover!  In the end, it all worked out; my journal is attached to the cover only via the back page, similar to a Dylusions journal.  But it appears to be quite sturdy, unless it gets thrown around!

Now on to the twine and beading for the closure!  And then something actually in the journal!  

I best get back to it!

Happy Arting, Lisa xx


  1. Loving your progress Lisa :) and your journal looks fabulous.

  2. Isn't it great the work around a we do with our covers. I'd consider reinforcing the pages with some tape or rice paper. My Alice journal ripped it's cover by the time it returned to me. I used heavy weight paper that didn't take well to being folded.

  3. I love all of the swirlyness on the cover Lisa.

    1. Thanks Roz, I'm pleased with the way it turned out :)


Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.