Friday, June 19, 2020

The Labyrinth


My page in Lisa's 80's Journal.
Nothing says the 80's to me like The Labyrinth. The scene i decided to re-create is the
 Ball Room scene. Jareth with his spectacular blue rhinestone velvet jacket and Sarah with her amazing white and ivory blue pearl dress, stunning.


I decided to work with blue shimmer to express the beauty of this scene. I used Lindy's shimmer spray and a soft brush. I used dimentions paint and a flat back  pearl to create Sarah's head piece. I added a blue gem for her necklace. I used white gesso and a very small amount of black acrylic to make the grey hair of Jareth. I wanted to capture the moment without showing Davis Bowie's face as i knew i wouldn't do it justice. I believe all Labyrinth fans could easily recognise the scene and movie.

I also used the Dimentions paint to create the lace and pearls hanging down all through the scene. As a little girl i dreamed of having a bedroom that looked just like that. 

I used a recognisable quote fro the movie. I also wanted to re-create the bubble from the movie so i used Opal Magic by Finnabair. I actually love how these turned out.

I really am in love with how this turned out. I totally forgot to take progress photos as i was lost in the project, and yes i watched the movie that night.....
love Bowie, love the movie, and who wouldn't want to dance with Bowie in a bubble.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Rebecca-lee, awesome page! Can't wait to see it IRL! Ashamed to say, despite being a Bowie fan, I haven't seen this movie - will have to remedy that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.